Squad is a spiritual successor to the Battlefield 2's Project Reality mod which was a huge hit among fans and the creators have gone the extra mile to launch a kickstarter campaign for a whole new game based on realistic military FPS (one such as ArmA III) with huge wide open maps and 100 man Combined Arms Warfare. As the creators say this game is a result of decades of refining and balancing realism and FPS gameplay.
Squad is an online, team-based military experience where high levels of teamwork and communication are crucial to success.
Here's the Steam Greenlight announcement trailer.
Squad is coming to Steam early access on December 15 with two new maps: One pertaining to a really world Afghanistan which is a big 4 x 4 km open battleground for players to rally and fight in and the other is a small close-combat map. There will be four game modes and four factions including two new ones: Russian Ground Forces and irregular militia.
“Four different game modes:”
- Advance and Secure- Player driven objective capture and control with base building and development.
- Conquest- Irregular forces against conventional military forces.
- Insurgency- Mechanised units going against insurgents to discover and neutralize enemy weapon caches.
- Territory Control- Capturing areas of the map block by block.
"Squad" recreates the rigors of modern combat in a visceral environment where teamwork and communication are necessary for victory. Squad's Kickstarter page reads
Squad will support up to 100 players in competitive multiplayer. This broad scope serves to immerse the player into a rich battle environment filled with challenges and opportunities. With teams of sufficient size, some players can perform supporting roles while leaving enough front-line combatants to provide fun and challenging gameplay across the full expanse of the battlefield.
- Organic and Immergent gameplay- The battlefield of Squad is built around organized teams using both the environment and the assets available within the game to wage a tactical battle against an opposing team.
- Massive online 50 on 50 squad-based combined arms warefare- Squad will support up to 100 players in competitive multiplayer. This broad scope serves to immerse the player into a rich battle environment filled with challenges and opportunities.
- A new experience everytime- At the heart of Squad is our desire to let the player drive gameplay and define the objectives.
Heads Up: Offworld's military shooter Squad will be available for Steam early access on December 15. Buy the game at launch for $39.99 or buy it now on the Squad prepurchase page for much cheaper. Offworld industries promise realistic shooter experience through Squad for military simulation enthusiast with it's talented team including almost 15 of Project Reality mod developers
For more Gaming XP:
More Gaming News:
Besides that We also explain how the Hero System will work and a new battle mode called Dropzone.Read More
The reboot of Need For Speed set for release on November 5 is delayed to Spring 2016 on PC while console release remains unaltered.Read More
Watch More Trailers:
At BlizzCon 2014, Blizzard’s Entertainment revealed their next game ‘Overwatch’ with a cinematic as well as gameplay trailer.Read More
Publishers Ubisoft releases the reveal trailer for the next Far Cry game on their channel along with more details about it.Read More