Gearbox Software, is currently enjoying its first week of impressive launch for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. This “Hero Shooter” game was pretty well received during its Beta run too. Though the Beta phase fixed most of the issues, there are few more bugs that exists which needs to be dealt with. Most common being the game downloading issue and other performance issues. We have tried to list down some of the workarounds for these common issues and expect that more official fixes are on their way. The game being a MOBA is expected to release frequent updates. Before moving on with the workarounds, it is advised to have a look at the system requirements of the game.   Battleborn, the latest first person MOBA game by
- OS: Windows 7 x64-bit or Later
- Processor: Intel i5-750 / AMD Phenom IIx4 945
- RAM: 6GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD HD 6870/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 or better, PhysX support
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 30 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX 11 compliant
- Additional Notes: Initial installation requires an internet connection for Steam authentication, and gameplay; software installations require (included with the game) include Steam Client, DirectX 11, NVidia PhysX, .Net Framework 4.5, Visual C++ Redistributable 2010, and Visual C++ Redistributable 2012.
- OS: Windows 7 SP1 64bit, Windows 8.1 64bit Windows 10 64bit
- Processor: Intel Core i7-3770 / AMD® FX-8350
- RAM: 6GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD HD 7850/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or better, PhysX support
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 50 GB available space
1. Battleborn PC- Game downloading issue:-
This is one of the major issues that fans are currently experiencing. There are reports that the game download stucks at a certain percentage for unknown reasons. Neither changing server locations has helped for many people. Follow this short Steam guide for fixing this issue.
2. Battleborn PC- Crash at startup/ CTD/ Game not responding/ APPCRASH/ Black screen/ White screen/ FATAL errors fix:-
- GPU drivers must be updated to the latest version. Sometimes a clean driver install can also solve the crashing issues.
- Check that your antivirus/firewall is not blocking the game.
- Beta users should uninstall their Beta version of the game and then install the full game.
- If you are facing CTD issues, disable Steam Overlay.
- Make sure that the dedicated GPU is in use for all laptop users.
- Registry clean using CCleaner can also fix some of the crashes. You can download CCleaner from here.
- For any DLL error or APPCRASH issue, it is recommended to do a clean install of Directx. Or, you can download the missing DLLs from here and paste them in the game directory.
- For black screen issue at startup, you should check that the in-game resolution matches the resolution supported by your display device so that there should not be any conflict. Also try turning Depth of Field ON in video settings if you encounter black screens in-game.
- If you are using HDMI, try unplugging the HDMI cable from TV and launch the game. Wait a few mins before replugging the HDMI cable back into the TV. This can fix potential white screen issue.
- For several Fatal errors, refer to this Steam guide for more crash support. Also make sure that you have not overclocked any components of your machine.
- You can also try running the game in Windowed mode.
3. Battleborn PC- Low FPS/ Lags/ Stuttering/ Flickering:-
- AMD users should update to the latest Crimson drivers and then lower/disable PhysX. Nvidia users should also update to their latest Battleborn optimized drivers.
- For AMD users, disable Raptr from task manager. Disable any other intensive applications that may be running in background. Also try setting ‘Tessellation mode’ to 8x/16x and 'Texture Filtering Quality' to Performance from your latest Crimson edition Radeon software to fix frame rate drops.
- Turn ON Vsync and set FPS settings to anything other than ‘smooth’ in in-game video settings.
- For Nvidia users, go into your control panel 3d settings. Make sure that ‘Power Management Mode’ option should be set to ‘Prefer Maximum Performance’.
- In Task Manager, set High Priority for Battleborn process thread.
- Disable any recording software like MSI afterburner, Fraps, Dxtory, D3DGear to maximize performance. Disable Steam Overlay.
- Terrible FPS drops:- Some users may be facing severe frame rate drops in the full Battleborn game as compared to the smooth 60 FPS performance of the Beta. Though, Gearbox Software is yet to announce any solution for this. Setting video distance to low and disabling PhysX can help improve performance to some extent. You can also manually tweak the PhsX settings for the game by following the guide here.
- Memory Leaks:- Users can experience severe memory leaks with low RAM (less than 6GB). Most of the in game freezes can also be attributed to low available RAM. To fix it to some extent, try the next steps. Right click MyComputer > Properties > AdvancedSystemSettings > Advanced > Performance Settings > Advanced > Change Virtual Memory. Set page file for C drive to be anything high (say 5GB), then it may fix majority of the lag.
4. Battleborn PC- Connectivity issues:-
- Disable Antivirus/ Firewall or add game to their exception list.
- Refrain from using VPNs.
- Check out the ports required by the Battleborn game and make sure that the required port forwarding is in effect.
5. Battleborn PC- Performance Tweaks:-
Users have found that tweaking the several elements of your config file located in C:> Users> Documents> My games> Battleborn> PoplarGame> Config> PoplarEngine.ini can help improving your experience with the game. Check out the following.MaxParticleResize=50000
6. Battleborn PC- Failed to authorize character by server error:-
This is mostly a temporary server down error. Logging in after few minutes can resolve this issue.
7. Battleborn PC- Low/No Sound issue:-
Some users have found that putting the sound card on 7.1 virtual speaker has improved the audio volume.
8. Battleborn PC- Player Authorization failed on PC:-
This is a known problem that existed in Beta. If you are facing this issue again, try verifying Game cache files and running Steam as well as Battleborn.exe as administrator. If that doesn’t help, refer to this troubleshooting guide for more help.
9. Battleborn PC- Chat window out of Active Match Screen:-
This is an irritating issue being faced mostly by 21:9 ultrawide resolution monitor users. Currently, Gearbox Software is yet to respond to this issue but it has been found that reverting back to the 16:9 resolution, the chat window works fine.
Follow this official Gearbox Software support forum to try more potential fixes to issues that you may be having. You can also raise a ticket if you need. But, we are patiently waiting for their official fixes and updates.
Heads Up:- Battleborn is available on Steam for $59.99. You can try the Digital Deluxe Edition for all Season Pass content.
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out more of our Tweaks and Fixes
For more Gaming XP:
The expansion is titled Road to Boruto, starring Naruto’s son.Read More
Also four new DLC cars available today.Read More
His first project is the upcoming survival game ROKH.Read More
Check out the official gameplay livestream too.Read More
Ghost Recon Wildlands, For Honor, God of War, Spiderman and more.Read More
Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Quake Champions, Dishonored 2 and moreRead More
E3 will be live on June 12, 13 and 14Read More
Maximum penalty is permanent ban on first offenseRead More
Read Our Reviews:
With limited customization and lack of dedicated servers, is the game really worth it?Read More
Street Fighter V on PC is fun and engrossing only if you are ready to accept the game as it is.Read More
Watch more trailers:
Out now for PS4 and Xbox One, PC version arriving on Thursday.Read More
lags, DirectX issues and moreRead More
Fps drops, screen tearing, freezes and more.Read More
Black screen, network issues, and controller bugs and more.Read More
Black screen, lags, and more.Read More
lags, stuttering issues and moreRead More
Fps drops, screen tearing, freezes, server issues and more.Read More
Frame pacing, DirectX 12 issue and more.Read More
Black screen, OpenGL issues and moreRead More
Also find out how to use Ingress map to catch rare Pokémons.Read More