The greatest first person shooting returns this fall registering its thirteen installment in the blockbuster franchise ‘Call of Duty’. For the first time, Infinite Warfare takes the battle to Space where two forces [Protagonists Special Combat Air Recon (SCAR) and Antagonists Settlement Defense Front (SDF)] fights for their dominance of the solar system. While the last month’s Beta got hit by several server issues and lag spikes, we hope the full launch is a stable one. If you are still getting issues and unable to start game, here are few workarounds that may help you to get started with the game. Before moving on, have a good look at the PC requirements below. Important to note is that the game requires a minimum of 8 gigs of RAM for a smooth play.
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit or later
- Processor: Intel Core i3-3225 @ 3.30GHz or equivalent
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 2GB / AMD Radeon HD 7850 2GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 70 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX 11 Compatible
- Additional Notes: Disk space requirement may change over time.
1. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare PC- Crash at startup/ CTD/ Game not responding/ APPCRASH/ Black screen fix:-
- Update your Nvidia and AMD drivers to the latest versions.
- Disable antivirus/firewall or add game to the exception list of the antivirus software.
- ‘Verify Integrity of Game Cache on Steam’ which may fix any errors due to game files corruption. This can also fix the Cutscene Bug that players may be facing every time they enter a pub match.
- Disable all recording softwares like Fraps, MSI AfterBurner, D3DGear etc. They may conflict with your DirectX Direct3D settings resulting in a crash.
- If your game is crashing while going full screen, try playing in windowed mode.
- Campaign not loading: Again for this issue, you should check that the game is not blocked by your antivirus as mentioned above in #2. Also, try running game in windowed mode.
- Black screen issue- Well this issue can be due to lot of reasons. First of all, you should check that the in-game resolution matches the resolution supported by your display device so that there should not be any conflict. If you are using HDMI, try unplugging the HDMI cable from TV and launch the game. Wait a few mins before replugging the HDMI cable back into the TV. Also check that the game and screen refresh rate matches each other and set as 60Hz.
- Registry clean using CCleaner can also fix some of the crashes. You can download CCleaner from here.
- For any DLL error or APPCRASH issue, it is recommended to do a clean install of Directx. Or, you can download the missing DLLs from here and paste them in the game directory.
2. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare PC- Low FPS/ Stuttering/ freezes/ lags fixes:-
- Updating your Nvidia and AMD GPU drivers is a must.
- If you are facing optimization issues, severe lags or stutters; you can try turning down shadows, MSAA and adjust other graphics settings. Updated GPU drivers is mandatory.
- For AMD users, disable Raptr from task manager. Disable any other intensive applications that may be running in background. Also try setting ‘Tessellation mode’ to 8x/16x and 'Texture Filtering Quality' to Performance from your latest Crimson edition Radeon software to fix frame rate drops.
- For Nvidia users, go into your control panel 3d settings. Make sure that ‘Power Management Mode’ option should be set to ‘Prefer Maximum Performance’.
- If you are experiencing screen flickering or frame-pacing issues, disable Crossfire/SLI and run the game using a single GPU. Also, disable Steam Overlay by right clicking the game in Steam Library and then go to Game Properties.
- Turn off all overlaying softwares and disable any recording softwares like Fraps, D3DGear, MSI Afterburner etc.
- Disable third party background apps and set High Priority for the game in Task Manager. Disable any kind of overclocking.
3. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare PC- Controller not working fix:-
A temporary solution to this issue is to use a third party software like Joy2Key or x360ce.
- For x360ce, first you need to download the software from the above mentioned link.
- Next extract the contents from the archive and copy x360ce_x64.exe to the game directory.
- Then launch the software. Make sure your controller is detected by the tool. Then under Controller 1, choose Auto or Manual as per your preference. We recommend to choose Auto as it automatically maps the buttons on your stick and has worked perfectly for most users.
4. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare PC- Mouse Acceleration issue:-
While we wait for an official patch to fix this issue, users can try disabling Steam Overlay and other background running overlaying softwares. Also, make sure that your mouse drivers are working fine.
5. Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare PC- Sound issue:-
Users have reported typical sound issues in the game. It has been found that the sound works perfect when the mode is set to stereo. Also, make sure that the correct sound drivers are installed and the correct sound device is in use.
Heads Up: Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is available on Steam for $59.99.
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out more of our Tweaks and Fixes
For more Gaming XP:
A new trailer and screenshots revealed.Read More
‘We'll have more patches later on, but exactly what goes into them is still in discussion.’Read More
The Insurgency standalone World War 2 expansion advances out of Early Access.Read More
Over $90,000 have been paid out so farRead More
PAX East attendees this weekend gets additional preview.Read More
Re-animate and restore color to the monochromatic cityRead More
Fisher lent her voice in the ‘Return to the Tower’ mission of that gameRead More
Steam Winter Sale took a pause.Read More
'A great multiplayer experience is our primary goal'Read More
The expansion is titled Road to Boruto, starring Naruto’s son.Read More
Read Our Reviews:
With limited customization and lack of dedicated servers, is the game really worth it?Read More
Street Fighter V on PC is fun and engrossing only if you are ready to accept the game as it is.Read More
Watch more trailers:
Ubisoft’s largest ever open world game unlocks tomorrow.Read More
A closer look at exploration from the Tempest to Helius Cluster.Read More
Animation bugs, connection issues and more.Read More
lags, DirectX issues and moreRead More
Fps drops, stuttering, freezes and more.Read More
Black screen, error codes and more.Read More
Black screen, screen flickering, controller bugs and more.Read More
lags, DirectX issues and moreRead More
Fps drops, screen tearing, freezes and more.Read More
Black screen, network issues, and controller bugs and more.Read More