IO Interactive have designed the game to be an episodic one with content to be added throughout the year. The first episode is already released for PC and consoles on March 11th while the second episode will be announced next week. But the launch wasn’t so great for the PC and players are facing terrible performance issues especially with the Directx 12 version of the game. Due to these performance issues and limited content, the game has been rated only a 6 out of 10 in Steam. While the PC users are still waiting for an official patch, here we have attempted to list down some of the possible fixes for the common issues that most players may be facing. Before that, we recommend that your system should meet the following System requirements to run the game smoothly.   Hitman is back with its latest edition for PCs, which is also the sixth entry in the Hitman franchise. This time developers
- OS: OS 64-bit Windows 7
- Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 / Radeon HD 7870
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 50GB available space
- OS: OS 64-bit Windows 7 / 64-bit Windows 8 (8.1) or Windows 10
- Processor: Intel CPU Core i7 3770 3,4 GHz / AMD CPU AMD FX-8350 4 GHz
- RAM: 8GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GPU GeForce GTX 770 / AMD GPU Radeon R9 290
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 50GB available space
1. Hitman 2016- DirectX 12 crash:-
Players should note that right now, the game is pretty much unstable with the DirectX12 version. We are anxiously waiting for a patch release to fix this issue soon. Meanwhile, the following steps can help.
- If you are running the DX12 version, the game mainly crashes due to the Fullscreen mode. Set the display mode to ‘Exclusive Fullscreen’ and ‘Render Target Reuse’ on True in Graphics settings.
- For choppy and laggy videos, you can try Alt+Tab to fix it.
- Finally if nothing helps, you can always play the game smoothly using the DirectX 11 version.
2. Hitman 2016- Game crash on startup/ Paris mission crash/ APPCRASH/ Black screen/ Game not responding:-
- Updating your GPU drivers is a must. Sometimes a clean driver install can also solve the crashing issues.
- Most common cause of the crashes are due to the DirectX 12 version. Try out the steps from Fix #1 to solve DirectX 12 related crash.
- Check that your antivirus/firewall is not blocking the game.
- Registry clean using CCleaner can also fix some of the crashes. You can download CCleaner from here.
- For any DLL error or APPCRASH issue, it is recommended to do a clean install of Directx. Or, you can download the missing DLLs from here and paste them in the game directory.
- For black screen issue, you should check that the in-game resolution matches the resolution supported by your display device so that there should not be any conflict.
- If you are getting ‘Game not responding’ error or BSOD crash, then ‘verify the integrity of game cache files’ via Steam and download any missing files.
- Also try running the game in compatibility mode for Windows 8.
3. Hitman 2016- Resolution crash:-
If the game crashes as soon as you launch or goes into a black or grey screen, try out the following steps.
- Right click on the Hitman 6 in steam library
- Select Properties – Set Launch Options
- Insert this text: -SKIP_LAUNCHER
- The game will start in Windowed Mode. Then you can set your desired resolution.
4. Hitman 2016- Lag/ Low FPS/ Stuttering/ Ingame Freezes:-
- Make sure the GPU drivers are up to date and your system is plugged in while playing. Turn off Vsync and reduce other in-game graphics settings by a bit.
- If the game keeps freezing, stucks at loading screen or crashes on Tutorial, run the DX11 version of the game until a patch comes out.
- Try ‘Exclusive Fullscreen’ or ‘Windowed mode’ to play the game and set ‘Render Target Reuse’ on True in the Graphics settings.
- For AMD users, disable Raptr from task manager. Disable any other intensive applications that may be running in background. Also try setting ‘Tessellation mode’ to 8x/16x from your Crimson edition Radeon 16.3 software and turn off Vsync there too.
- For Nvidia users, Disable SLI and set the ‘Power Management Mode’ option to ‘Prefer Maximum Performance’.
- In Task Manager, set High Priority for Hitman process thread.
- Disable any recording software like MSI afterburner, Fraps, Dxtory, D3DGear to maximize performance.
- Memory Leaks:- Users can experience severe memory leaks with low RAM especially with Hitman that requires a minimum of 8GB RAM. To fix it to some extent, try the next steps. Right click MyComputer > Properties > AdvancedSystemSettings > Advanced > Performance Settings > Advanced > Change Virtual Memory. Set page file for C drive to be anything high (say 5GB), then it may fix majority of the lag.
5. Hitman 2016- Lighting Bugs-
This is a very frustrating graphical glitch with the game and it is mostly affecting AMD users especially with the R9 series cards. Try the following steps:
- Most likely workaround for AMD users is to update your GPU to 16.3 Crimson drivers.
- Set ‘Shadow maps’ and ‘Shadow Resolution’ to high in Graphics settings.
6. Hitman 2016- Download always stops at 99%:-
It is mostly due to your anti-virus or a loss in internet connection. Try disabling your anti-virus, delete the previously downloaded content entirely and start redownloading again.
7. Hitman 2016- Mouse and Keyboard not working Fix:-
Try disconnecting and reconnecting the peripherals. Refrain from connecting any other devices to the computer.
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out more of our Tweaks and Fixes
For more Gaming XP:
The expansion is titled Road to Boruto, starring Naruto’s son.Read More
Also four new DLC cars available today.Read More
His first project is the upcoming survival game ROKH.Read More
Check out the official gameplay livestream too.Read More
Ghost Recon Wildlands, For Honor, God of War, Spiderman and more.Read More
Titanfall 2, Battlefield 1, Quake Champions, Dishonored 2 and moreRead More
E3 will be live on June 12, 13 and 14Read More
Maximum penalty is permanent ban on first offenseRead More
Read Our Reviews:
With limited customization and lack of dedicated servers, is the game really worth it?Read More
Street Fighter V on PC is fun and engrossing only if you are ready to accept the game as it is.Read More
Watch more trailers:
Out now for PS4 and Xbox One, PC version arriving on Thursday.Read More
lags, DirectX issues and moreRead More
Fps drops, screen tearing, freezes and more.Read More
Black screen, network issues, and controller bugs and more.Read More
Black screen, lags, and more.Read More
lags, stuttering issues and moreRead More
Fps drops, screen tearing, freezes, server issues and more.Read More
Frame pacing, DirectX 12 issue and more.Read More
Black screen, OpenGL issues and moreRead More
Also find out how to use Ingress map to catch rare Pokémons.Read More