here while more fixes will be released on priority basis. Also go through the system requirements below before moving on to the list of fixes.   Overwatch, the latest first person multiplayer shooter game by Blizzard is out today for PC, PS4 and Xbox One. After a successful Beta run that attracted millions of players worldwide and the engrossing four recent animated Short ‘hero’ trailers, Overwatch is without doubt one of the most anticipated games this year. While many players are already in the process of availing the game today, there are few unlucky ones who are facing difficulty in launching the game even after owning the game at the earliest. Some of the typical errors being the ‘No License Found’ error, ‘lost rendering device’ and few other issues. We have listed down some of the workarounds to the common issues that fans may be experiencing. Blizzard has been busy today trying to fix most of the launch related issues which can be found
- OS: Windows 10 | 8.1 | 7 (64-Bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i3 | AMD Phenom X3 8650
- RAM: 4GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4400 | ATI Radeon HD 4850 | Nvidia GeForce GTX 460
- Storage: 30 GB available space
- OS: Windows 10 | 8.1 | 7 (64-Bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 | AMD Phenom II X3
- RAM: 6GB RAM
- Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 7950 | Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
- Storage: 30 GB available space
1. Overwatch PC- Crash at startup/ CTD/ BSOD/ Game not responding/ APPCRASH/ Black screen fix:-
- Players using rigs with switchable graphics should make sure that both their dedicated GPU (Nvidia or AMD) and integrated GPU (Intel card) should be up to date.
- Blizzard recommends that players should not use overclocked memories. They need to set it to defaults in their BIOS settings.
- Disable antivirus/firewall or add game to the exception list of the antivirus software. This can solve the issue of game not starting even after clicking the exe file.
- ‘No License Found’ error- Players who are facing this issue can try the following steps.
- Try changing the region above ‘Play’ in the Battle.net desktop application and then again switch it back to your default region and restart the game.
- Simply changing the password and re-logging can also fix the issue.
- If the game is crashing while going fullscreen, try disabling any recording softwares like Fraps, MSI AfterBurner and especially D3DGear. You can also try running the game in Windowed mode.
- Black screen issue- You should check that the in-game resolution matches the resolution supported by your display device so that there should not be any conflict. If you are using HDMI, try unplugging the HDMI cable from TV and launch the game. Wait a few mins before replugging the HDMI cable back into the TV. You can also try setting your TV resolution to 1080p to solve the border cutting off issue.
- BSOD crash- This error is mainly related to multi-monitor setup. Try to run the game using a single display device. Clean installing up to date GPU drivers may also help.
- Registry clean using CCleaner can also fix some of the crashes. You can download CCleaner from here.
- For any DLL error or APPCRASH issue, it is recommended to do a clean install of Directx. Or, you can download the missing DLLs from here and paste them in the game directory.
- Turn off background programs or overlays like Discord. Players will also have to turn off all third-party or background programs before launching "Overwatch" or they can use Selective Startup.
2. Overwatch PC- Server and connection issues:-
Overwatch is an aggressive online multiplayer game and players want to have fluent server connection for a smooth community gaming experience. Check out the following server related issues and ways to fix it.
- Long load times and High Latency fix
- Disable/ Uninstall high latency softwares like Gigabyte, RealTek, etc. LAN Optimizer, KillerNIC, Asus GameFirst III or IV, and Hamachi VPN that may slow down your connection
- Turn off all proxies and other VPNs to improve latency.
- Loading screen inactivity:- Try restarting your router and make sure that the game is bot blocked by your antivirus/ firewall.
- For more server related issues, you can keep checking their official twitter page from time to time.
3. Overwatch PC- Low FPS/ Lags/ Stuttering/ Multitasking issues:-
- Both your dedicated and integrated GPUs should be up to date as mentioned above.
- ‘No Compatible Graphics Hardware Was Found’- This error is most likely due to your system specs not satisfying the game’s system requirements. You need to upgrade you rig to meet the above mentioned requirements.
- Multitasking lag issues- Overwatch strictly uses 6 cores of your CPU. If the game is having lags or performance issues, try closing all third party applications. Also you can set High Priority for the game in Windows Task Manager.
- For AMD users, disable Raptr from task manager. Disable any other intensive applications that may be running in background. Also try setting ‘Tessellation mode’ to 8x/16x and 'Texture Filtering Quality' to Performance from your latest Crimson edition Radeon software to fix frame rate drops.
- For Nvidia users, go into your control panel 3d settings. Make sure that ‘Power Management Mode’ option should be set to ‘Prefer Maximum Performance’.
- Turn off all overlaying softwares and disable any recording softwares like Fraps, D3DGear, MSI Afterburner etc.
- Lost Rendering Device- This was an error faced during the Beta. Try capping your FPS or update drivers.
- Memory Leaks:- Users can experience severe memory leaks with low RAM (less than 4GB). Most of the in game freezes can also be attributed to low available RAM. To fix it to some extent, try the next steps. Right click MyComputer > Properties > AdvancedSystemSettings > Advanced > Performance Settings > Advanced > Change Virtual Memory. Set page file for C drive to be anything high (say 5GB), then it may fix majority of the lag.
4. Overwatch PC- While Playing as Mei, Game Crashes When I Left-Click:-
This is an error which is mostly likely due to the particle effects mishandling by your GPU drivers and OS. Right now the most workable fix to fully update your Windows OS and GPU drivers.
5. Overwatch PC- Headphones sound issues:-
Players may be facing an irritating bug of having sound output only from one speaker. Disable/ uninstall any additional sound software and update all available sound drivers.
6. Overwatch PC- Controller fix:-
If the controller isn’t working directly when connected, you may take the help of some third party software like Joy2Key or you can try the following-
- Open game root directory and search for ‘x360ce_x64.dll’ file.
- Then rename it to ‘xinput9_1_0.dll ‘ If you don’t find any file, then download xinput9_1_0.dll from the internet and paste it into the game root directory.
7. Overwatch PC- Disable mouse cursor in gameplay:-
Some players may be facing a weird issue where the mouse pointer stays on during the gameplay. Some steps you can try-
- In control panel, Mouse Properties. Pointer Options Tab:
- Untick Display pointer trails
- Untick Show location.. " " "
- Tick Hide pointer while typing
- In control panel, Mouse Properties. Buttons Tab:
- Untick Turn on ClickLock
- Also to help aiming while in game, Untick "Enhance pointer precision" at the top of the Pointer Options Tab.
You can visit the official Battlenet bug report forum to get to know more reported issues by users. Also visit the official list of issues page where blizzard may be posting fixes time to time on a priority basis.
Heads Up:- Overwatch is available for grab at $59.99 from the official website.
Contact the author at firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out more of our Tweaks and Fixes
For more Gaming XP:
More than 33 million players with an average of 1.6 million players per day.Read More
Bethesda announces Free Play Week and Massive Rewards.Read More
50% Tomb Raider 2013 sales are from PCRead More
Update on system side changes as well.Read More
'Content-wise, the game will be satisfying in a hardcore way'Read More
Release date is still unknown.Read More
Both the cars will come with a new set of wheels and six unique decalsRead More
'This is a keeper but... we are looking for a new IP.'Read More
Read Our Reviews:
With limited customization and lack of dedicated servers, is the game really worth it?Read More
Street Fighter V on PC is fun and engrossing only if you are ready to accept the game as it is.Read More
Watch more trailers:
Ubisoft’s largest ever open world game unlocks tomorrow.Read More
A closer look at exploration from the Tempest to Helius Cluster.Read More
Steering wheel compatibility, audio issues and moreRead More
Database Login Failure, Error 0x887a0006 and more.Read More
Animation bugs, connection issues and more.Read More
lags, DirectX issues and moreRead More
Fps drops, stuttering, freezes and more.Read More
Black screen, error codes and more.Read More
Black screen, screen flickering, controller bugs and more.Read More