Capcom has stated that they are working on patches and updates to fix these issues. But it has been five days already without any announcement, which explains how Capcom doesn’t really care for their PC fans. After experiencing and fixing much of the issues, I decided to write this article to help others as much as possible.   The much awaited classic fighting game, Street Fighter V, has more or less a disappointing launch for PCs. It has been a frustrating purchase for most of the fighter fans including even me. Besides the online server issues that created a mess, the offline port too is buggy.
Before moving further down, just have a look at the specifications required to play this game.
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit
- PROCESSOR: Intel Core i3-4160 @ 3.60GHz
- MEMORY: 6GB RAM
- GRAPHICS: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 480, GTX 570, GTX 670, or better
- DIRECTX: Version 11
- SOUND CARD: DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset
- OS: Windows 7 64-bit and above
- PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5-4690K @3.50GHz or AMD FX-9370
- MEMORY: 8 GB Ram
- GRAPHICS: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 960 or AMD Radeon R7 370
- DIRECTX: Version 11
- SOUND CARD: DirectX compatible soundcard or onboard chipset
1. Crash at startup/ Street Fighter V stopped working/ DLL crash/ Street Fighter V not starting:-
- The first and wisest thing to do is update your GPU drivers. AMD users can upgrade to the latest 16.1 crimson drivers whereas, NVIDIA has released their own set of Game Ready drivers exclusive for Street Fighter V. It is an essential step to do for a better performance.
- If your game is crashing to desktop with some long code error like 0xc000001d, try adding the game to the exceptions list of your antivirus so that it doesn’t conflict.
- Registry clean using CCleaner can also fix some of the crashes. You can download CCleaner from here.
- If your game is crashing due to some DLL failure, it can be due to improper Directx install. Make sure to download the missing DLLs from here and paste them in the game directory.
2. Crash to desktop after playing 10-15 minutes without any warning:-
This kind of crash was faced by players during the Beta period. To fix this issue:
- Press Windows + R
- Type “msconfig” and hit Enter
- In Services Tab, Disable Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service
3. Server issues/ Can’t login-In/ 2100D error:-
This error is due to unresponsive servers. You should keep retrying and or try login in from main menu. Other online related issues as addressed by Capcom in one of their posts is as follows:
- Online connectivity – Capcom says that login and intermittent connectivity issues should be less frequent as the service is getting stabilized now since all platforms and regions have launched.
- Matchmaking issues – This issue is probably fixed by now as Capcom identified the root cause and have implemented a server side fix. Visit mobile.twitter.com/sfvserver for the latest updates and server status.
- Fighter ID corruption - A small number of PC users have reported their Fighter ID getting corrupt after account registration. Capcom says they are aware of this issue and will provide a fix soon.
4. FPS Drop/ Lags/ Slow Motion Fix:-
This is a kind of hot topic right now for the game. It is recommended that you have high end cards (as mentioned in recommended specifications) to play the game. Capcom has locked frame rate for the Single Player mode. This makes it mandatory to play the game at constant 60 FPS to prevent any lag. For the online mode, frame skipping feature is available and that helps. If the FPS drops, entire game mechanics feels like in slow motion. While testing the game on a low end card (AMD 7730M) card, it was kind of unplayable. To make it still playable, I recommend the following:-
- You need to turn off Vsync. This option is not available in-game. So go to SFV game installation folder > StreetFigherV > Intermediate > Config > CoalescedSourceConfigs > Engine.ini. Use Ctrl+F and search for Vsync. You will get two entries with a value of 1. Make it 0.
- After that, go to in-game graphics settings (note that this option will be only available after the first tutorial of Ryu, so have some patience playing with lag or skip that), turn down resolution. Further in picture quality, set everything low and turn down resolution scaling to as low as possible to atleast make the game playable.
- For AMD users, disable Raptr from task manager. Disable any other intensive applications that may be running in background. Make sure to set ‘Tessellation mode’ to 8x/16x from your Crimson edition Radeon 16.1 software and turn off Vsync there too.
- For Nvidia users, tweaking the Nvidia control panel 3D settings can similarly provide a FPS boost. You can also set the ‘Power Management Mode’ option to ‘Prefer Maximum Performance’.
- In Task Manager, set High Priority for Street Fighter V process thread.
- Disable any recording software like MSI afterburner, Fraps, Dxtory, D3DGear to maximize performance.
- Memory Leaks:- Though it is not a game specific issue but knowing the fix helps. Users can experience severe memory leaks with low RAM (below 6GB). To fix it to some extent, try the next steps. Right click MyComputer > Properties > AdvancedSystemSettings > Advanced > Performance Settings > Advanced > Change Virtual Memory. Set page file for C drive to be anything high (say 5GB), then it may fix majority of the lag.
When tested on NVIDIA GTX 960M, the game ran at a fluent 60 FPS with high settings. There are many techniques of overclocking available on Youtube which can be helpful. But my recommendation is since this game is VRAM intensive, don’t expect too much out of your low end card.
5. ‘UE4- KiwiGame Game has crashed and will now close’ :-
This error is very frustrating and rare which is why it is not receiving much coverage. This was faced during the Beta stage as well and Capcom hasn’t paid much attention to it yet. If you are among the unlucky ones to get this error, you will have to wait until it’s officially fixed. Follow this steam thread for further updates on this bug. The following steps has helped some of the users to get rid of this error but not all.
- Exit Steam and restart it as administrator.
- Upgrade to the latest GPU drivers as mentioned above.
- Deleting the StreetFighterV in appdata has fixed this error for some users. Worth a try. You can find the folder at C: > Users > Username > AppData > Local > StreetFighterV
6. Fightstick issue/ PS3, PS4 controller not working with Street Fighter V fix:-
Though Capcom has said that an official patch will be coming soon to fix this issue, but there is no announcement as of yet. So a temporary solution to this issue is to use a third party software like Joy2Key or x360ce.
- For x360ce, first you need to download the software from the above mentioned link.
- Next extract the contents from the archive and copy x360ce_x64.exe to the following directory “C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\StreetFighterV\StreetFighterV\Binaries\Win64”
- Then launch the software. Make sure your controller is detected by the tool. Then under Controller 1, choose Auto or Manual as per your preference. We recommend to choose Auto as it automatically maps the buttons on your stick and has worked perfectly for most users.
7. Keyboard mapping for Street Fighter V:-
Unfortunately, Capcom tends to prove the fact that they are not really bothered for PC users. There are no in-game options to map the keyboard controls and players need to figure out the controls by pressing random keys. I feel it is a bit insulting to the PC users. But thanks to the redditor /u/WeebsZzZ who came up with his solution of using a script file written using the third party software ‘AutoHotkey’. To use the script file, go through the following steps.
- Download AutoHotkey from the above link and install.
- Download this script file. It is in .ahk format. Open with notepad.
- Replace all the ‘***’ characters with the desired key binding. It will simply remap the keys to your choice. Go here for detailed key information.
- Save the script file in .ahk format and run it in background. Then launch the game and enjoy.
- Note that you can add your functions to the script as well for additional key bindings.
- If you have any trouble regarding this or want to provide an enhanced script file, do mention in the comment section.
8. Can’t get past End User License Agreement in game:-
Note that the ‘b’ key in keyboard or x360ce equivalent (light kick button) is for the ‘accept’ option. The ‘n’ key (medium kick button) is for ‘back’ option.
9. Black screen after Capcom Logo:-
Go to your Steam folder, then common \ StreetFighterV \ StreetFighterV \ Content \ Movies and rename or delete the OpeningTrPC.wmv file.
10. To change language in-game:-
Capcom said that the currently set language is based on the Operating System’s UI language. They are looking to add language options via the Steam client launcher in an upcoming patch.
Since these are early days, we are looking for fixing more issues. Also, official patch updates are expected in near future. We advise that you may not want to jump into buying the game yet. If you have already bought the game and experiencing issues which are not covered here, feel free to post them in comment section and we will try to resolve them. Stay tuned for more updates and our exclusive review of the game.
Contact the author at email@example.com
Check out more of our Tweaks and Fixes
For more Gaming XP:
More than 33 million players with an average of 1.6 million players per day.Read More
Bethesda announces Free Play Week and Massive Rewards.Read More
50% Tomb Raider 2013 sales are from PCRead More
Update on system side changes as well.Read More
'Content-wise, the game will be satisfying in a hardcore way'Read More
Release date is still unknown.Read More
Both the cars will come with a new set of wheels and six unique decalsRead More
'This is a keeper but... we are looking for a new IP.'Read More
Read Our Reviews:
With limited customization and lack of dedicated servers, is the game really worth it?Read More
Street Fighter V on PC is fun and engrossing only if you are ready to accept the game as it is.Read More
Watch more trailers:
Ubisoft’s largest ever open world game unlocks tomorrow.Read More
A closer look at exploration from the Tempest to Helius Cluster.Read More
Steering wheel compatibility, audio issues and moreRead More
Database Login Failure, Error 0x887a0006 and more.Read More
Animation bugs, connection issues and more.Read More
lags, DirectX issues and moreRead More
Fps drops, stuttering, freezes and more.Read More
Black screen, error codes and more.Read More
Black screen, screen flickering, controller bugs and more.Read More