Nadeo has made good use of the extra time to polish the game as much as possible but still it is rated low on Steam (6/10) due to its disappointing multiplayer and online features. The PC version of the game has issues as usual especially the Game Controller issue and few lags and crashes. We have looked into some common issues and tried to list down some of the possible workarounds below. Before moving on with the issues, have a look at the System Requirements needed to play the game.   After around 5 months delay, Trackmania Turbo is finally available on PCs and consoles with its aggressive and adrenaline arcade racing that is both fun and colorful. Developers
- OS: Windows Vista or Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
- Processor: Dual core from Intel or AMD at 2 GHz or better
- RAM: 2GB RAM
- Graphics: Video card must be 512 MB or more and should be a DirectX 10 - compatible or DirectX 11 - compatible
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 5 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
1. Trackmania Turbo- Crash at startup/ Game not responding/ APPCRASH/ Black Screen fix:-
- GPU drivers must be updated to the latest version. Sometimes a clean driver install can also solve the crashing issues.
- Check that your antivirus/firewall is not blocking the game.
- Make sure that the dedicated GPU is in use for all laptop users.
- For ‘Game not starting’ issue, try running the game as admin and it should work.
- Registry clean using CCleaner can also fix some of the crashes. You can download CCleaner from here.
- For any DLL error or APPCRASH issue, it is recommended to do a clean install of Directx. Or, you can download the missing DLLs from here and paste them in the game directory.
- For black screen issue, you should check that the in-game resolution matches the resolution supported by your display device so that there should not be any conflict.
- If you are getting ‘Game not responding’ error or BSOD crash, then ‘verify the integrity of game cache files’ via Steam and download any missing files. ‘Check for data errors" in uplay client can also solve the issue.
- Disable Steam Overlay.
- Also try running the game in compatibility mode for Windows 8.
2. Trackmania Turbo- Game controller not working/ Cannot remap controls in controller:-
Right now some users are facing difficulty in getting their game controllers work properly with the game. Provisions to bind controller input is not yet available in the game. We suggest users to stick to the keyboard for now. Keyboard controls can be re-mapped by hovering your mouse to the top right of the screen and selecting the input option from the drop down menu.
3. Trackmania Turbo- Low FPS/ Lags/ Stuttering/ Freeezing:-
One thing should be noted that the game does not ease on the graphics and GPU quality as it looks from its official system requirements. A medium level card can just about make the game playable, whereas a high end card is required to play the game at high settings and constant 60 FPS. Some tips to adjust your graphics settings and minimize any kind of lags are as follows:
- Make sure the GPU drivers are up to date and your system is plugged in while playing.
- For a lower/medium end card (as we tested on AMD 7730M), make changes to the Config.exe as follows. Set display resolution to 1280x720, Antialiasing as None, Check Display Vsync, set CPU/GPU synchro None, Max filtering as Bilinear, Shader Quality as Very Fast, Shadows as Minimum and Water Quality should be low.
- ‘GetDeviceRemovedReason’ issue- This issue is most likely due to DirectX error. Try reinstalling DirectX, run game as admin and turn off Antivirus.
- Slow Motion during Splitscreen/ Multiplayer issue- As we told, Turbo requires a good amount of Vram to function properly with its crisp and colorful graphics. One should try setting the graphics to lowest for a better experience during Multiplayer. Though, we recommend upgrading to a better GPU is the proper way to go about this issue.
- Also, note that SMAA or MSAA options are not included in the game. Only FXAA option is available for smoothening the edges.
- For AMD users, disable Raptr from task manager. Disable any other intensive applications that may be running in background. Also try setting ‘Tessellation mode’ to 8x/16x from your Crimson edition Radeon 16.3 software and turn off Vsync there too.
- For Nvidia users, disable SLI and Nvidia 3D vision. Set the ‘Power Management Mode’ option to ‘Prefer Maximum Performance’.
- In Task Manager, set High Priority for Trackmania Turbo process thread.
- Disable any recording software like MSI afterburner, Fraps, Dxtory, D3DGear to maximize performance.
- Memory Leaks:- Users can experience severe memory leaks with low RAM. Most of the in game freezes can also be attributed to low available RAM. To fix it to some extent, try the next steps. Right click MyComputer > Properties > AdvancedSystemSettings > Advanced > Performance Settings > Advanced > Change Virtual Memory. Set page file for C drive to be anything high (say 5GB), then it may fix majority of the lag.
4. Trackmania Turbo- Resolution problem in Fullscreen mode:-
Many fans are having trouble running the game in 1920x1080 fullscreen resolution. The working fix for this is as follows:
- Launch the game and hover your mouse to the top edge of the screen.
- Click the ‘cog’ icon from the drop down menu and then Graphics.
- Set your desired 1920x1080 resolution and set display to ‘WindowedFull’.
- If you have two monitors, disable the second monitor and launch the game. Set it to Full HD resolution. Then Alt+Tab out of the game and enable the second monitor. Now, both your monitors should display the game in Full HD.
5. Trackmania Turbo- Unable to Name Tracks:-
This is not really a bug as Turbo doesn’t let you name tracks that you build in the game. Right now, we can only wait for Nadeo to fix this issue.
6. Trackmania Turbo- Unable to start download/ install:-
This problem can be solved by restarting your PC and run Uplay as admin.
7. Trackmania Turbo- Automatic brake and acceleration fix:-
This problem may occur if you have any Virtual input device installed or plugged in multiple inputs (Keyboard, mouse and gamepad/controller). The solution is to disable any Virtual input device from the Device Manager of your computer. Also, while ingame, unplug your input devices and try restarting the game.
Heads Up:- Trackmania Turbo is available on Steam at 39.99$.
Contact the author at email@example.com
Check out more of our Tweaks and Fixes
For more Gaming XP:
Fisher lent her voice in the ‘Return to the Tower’ mission of that gameRead More
Steam Winter Sale took a pause.Read More
'A great multiplayer experience is our primary goal'Read More
The expansion is titled Road to Boruto, starring Naruto’s son.Read More
Also four new DLC cars available today.Read More
His first project is the upcoming survival game ROKH.Read More
Check out the official gameplay livestream too.Read More
Ghost Recon Wildlands, For Honor, God of War, Spiderman and more.Read More
Read Our Reviews:
With limited customization and lack of dedicated servers, is the game really worth it?Read More
Street Fighter V on PC is fun and engrossing only if you are ready to accept the game as it is.Read More
Watch more trailers:
Out now for PS4 and Xbox One, PC version arriving on Thursday.Read More
Black screen, screen flickering, controller bugs and more.Read More
lags, DirectX issues and moreRead More
Fps drops, screen tearing, freezes and more.Read More
Black screen, network issues, and controller bugs and more.Read More
Black screen, lags, and more.Read More
lags, stuttering issues and moreRead More
Fps drops, screen tearing, freezes, server issues and more.Read More
Frame pacing, DirectX 12 issue and more.Read More